Monday, December 29, 2008

Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo

Merry Xmas and all the other religions that celebrate this time of year, and Happy New Years to everybody!!!
Xmas went very well for me. I spent it here in Mompiche, Ecuador. Here in Ecuador most of the celebration is done on the 24th. For me it included a dinner among all the people here that aren{t originally from here, that dont have family, including people that live here from other parts of the world like me. We each brought a plate, and it turned out to be completely vegetarian meal, DELICIOUS. We drank wine and ate til we were full! It was great. After that, I went to the house of a boyfriend I have here and spent their dinner with his family. They roasted a pig and all. Phew full. After that everybody in the town went to the disco (dance place) we have here and we all danced the night away....until 4 am! A different Xmas and very pleasurable. I felt very welcome and enjoyed my first xmas away from my family, I was surrounded by other family and friends here. The day of the 25th was spent eating candies and smaller little get toghethers for the kids and all. Spent the day on the beach and enjoyed it very much. The time between xmas ans news years is mostly celebration, music and food and happiness. It{s great. Tehre are rumors of how New Years will be spent...but it depends it on many things. I{ll let you all now.

I hope that Xmas was great for everybody and that you spent it how you wanted and made you happy. This time of year really is special. I hope everybody is happy and healthy.
It{s not the years in your life that counts, its the life in your years
Happy 2009!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment and show your love here: